Monday, May 24, 2010

Running to work

After reading about Kenyan children running 1 to 5 miles to school and back everyday, I decided that I would try running to work and back, which is about 1.5 miles. If I start running to work everyday and run home for lunch, then I will automatically get 3 miles of running in everyday. I also have about 12 traffic lights in between my apartment and where I work in Oakland, so it provides for some good interval training! I used to ride my bike, but a 1.5 mile round trip on a bike isn't much of an exercise! By running to work instead, I will get a little more bang for my buck. Sure, I was a little sweatier the first day I ran, but not too bad. Running barefoot keeps you cooler than running with shoes. I will keep you posted on my progress and if I keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment